ChargeOfQuarters

Vote Republican. Cling to your God and Guns.

08 June 2006

From the Oh My G*d Files.....

My brother is a great guy. Older than me, he has been my mentor through most of my life when it comes to the most important things: he taught me how to hit (though left handed, I bat right handed and blame him), music (though I still listen to the stuf we listened to together, I have progressed to other genres), movies (pretty much still the same), and the finer food establishments in the Northern California area. As I got older, I began to veer away politically from his views, but we never discussed that stuff when growing up (though we came from a military family). I am hard Right, and his views are to the left of me.

I have been married for 17 years, 326 days. I have 2 fantastic kids. However, he has not been as successful as me in that area, and I do feel bad for him. The last time he brought a girlfriend to my parents' home, Everybody but my Aunt D. and Uncle J. were there, and only because they couldn't get a flight out from Texas in time. It must have been totally overwhelming for her to have about 25 people to meet when meeting her boyfriend's parents.

So color me surprised when I read this.

We talked just the other day, and he didn't mention anything about seeing someone. Granted, he is not obligated to tell me about squat in his life, but I would think that he would tell me and ask me to keep it on the Codeword level) for you civvies, that means keep your piehole shut on the matter).

I wish him success in this (and everything in life), and hope that when he feels he can, he will tell me more.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Roger C. said...

I didn't mention the girl because it is still real new. As my luck in the love arena has been rather, well s***ty, I don't want to jinx anything that isn't firmly established.

So cross your fingers and hope for the best.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

I will, Amigo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home