ChargeOfQuarters

Vote Republican. Cling to your God and Guns.

04 August 2006

Tomorrow...

If I had been fortunate enough to stay in the Army, and survived all the deployments and training exercises, I would have 20 years, and eligible for retirement. Of course, that does not mean that I would have retired at 20; I greatly enjoyed my job, and made good friends.

I was a part of history in 2 different places, and I am sure that had I stayed in, I would have been a part of more (had I not been sick I would have gone back for Serbo and Croatian language training, and at least two deployments to Bosnia).

Tomorrow will be a good day, and I will have several beers; one for the Regiment, one for the Commander-in-Chief, and one for the Army. I will then drink a lot more for friends, both here and not; and I miss every single one of them.

Not a day goes by that I do not think about and miss my time in the Army; I truly loved being a soldier, both in good times and bad.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger SGT Lori said...

Hooah! I'll have a drink with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home